Sowing Tomato Seeds

Posted on | March 5, 2009 | 9 Comments

sowing tomato seeds

I’m so excited I sowed my tomato seeds this morning! I love saying the word “sow”. Yesterday all twelve heirloom varieties arrived from Tomato Bob. We are going to have a tomato farm! Only problem? The sunny spot in our so called yard is adjacent to a busy sidewalk. Eventually we want to put up a fence but that probably won’t happen till the fall. I hope I don’t have any tomato thieves. Greg suggested I put up sign that says, “Tomatoes Are Poisonous!”.

sowing tomato seeds
watering seeds
sowing tomato seeds

Comments

9 Responses to “Sowing Tomato Seeds”

March 5th, 2009 @ 1:16 pm

This is great! I would definitely steal one if I was passing by;)

2. Kelly
    March 5th, 2009 @ 2:10 pm

I can't wait to eat tomato salad at your house this summer!

3. mimi charmante
    March 5th, 2009 @ 3:00 pm

I think you have one of the best indoor greenhouses I have ever seen~

4. Kari
    March 5th, 2009 @ 3:01 pm

In NC, our thieves are all deer. Marauding deer. Check with your neighbors – we planted all of our tomatoes in containers on our deck after the first season! Good luck with the garden! I'm totally coveting your wide-plank floors.

5. Don
    March 5th, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

When I was a kid I thought tomatos were poisonous. How about roof-top gardening or window-box tomatos? Hanging tomato baskets can do quite well too.

6. Helen
    March 5th, 2009 @ 5:47 pm

Hmph, my comment just erased itself, I think. I'm digging that dilapidated wallpaper wall … I know you're probably not leaving it like that, but I'm going to insist you do anyway ;)

7. katy elliott
    March 5th, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

Is anyone else having commenting problems? damn blogger.

8. Lisa
    March 6th, 2009 @ 8:03 am

Get some old tin and make a homemade "vintage" DDT sign.
    Check out this one > http://greenhorizon.rec.org/bulletin/Bull124/insight_poison.html

Good Luck and your blog continues to bring me back – thanks. Lisa

9. Heidi Jo
    March 7th, 2009 @ 1:30 am

So fun! I can't wait to start a veggie garden at my house and tomatoes are my favorite!