Doily Inspired Wedding Gowns

Posted on | March 20, 2009 | 8 Comments

I never really write about wedding gowns. But I came across these three and was enamored by the fabric. I didn’t really care that they happen to be wedding dresses. I’ve been eyeing crochet more and more and wondering if it’s a vintage style that’s being revived? The dress above is by Lela Rose. The fabric is gorgeous. Below are two close up shots of dresses from J.Crew. I didn’t share the zoomed out shots because the models looked really depressed and sad. The flowers aren’t crocheted by they do have a handmade doily quality. Really pretty.

Doily Lights
Crocheted Rocks: Resurrection Fern
Award Ribbons & Crochet
Michaela Scherrer: Doily Drapes
Tree & Kimball: Crocheted Doily Accessories

Comments

8 Responses to “Doily Inspired Wedding Gowns”

1. Christy
    March 20th, 2009 @ 11:36 am

gorgeous. totally different from what I got married in, but I absolutely love these gowns!

2. Rachel
    March 20th, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

I'm usually very blah about wedding gowns because they all seem so similar (and not anything I ever see myself in) but I've been loving these old fashioned doily options too! They have a great vintage feel.

3. Ria
    March 20th, 2009 @ 5:04 pm

I want the Lela Rose dress and the model's hair.

4. marbleheadforever
    March 20th, 2009 @ 7:14 pm

Katy, Spring is in the air..is there a wedding in the near future for you? I think this would be lovely in a garden wedding.

5. cats
    March 21st, 2009 @ 12:30 am

i wore the bottom j crew dress for our outdoor wedding (on a lake in northern michigan) and i loved it!

6. katy elliott
    March 21st, 2009 @ 8:11 am

nope, no plans of a wedding. maybe an elopement.

7. bunkercomplex
    March 22nd, 2009 @ 4:48 pm

Wow, a wedding dress that's actually really cute!

8. Erin
    September 28th, 2009 @ 4:09 pm

Hi here – all three are very beautiful. I’m getting married next year and am really interested in finding the Lela Rose dress – do you know what its name is? Thank you!