Red and Pink Liberty Print Fabric

Posted on | February 24, 2009 | 8 Comments

I’ve always been a huge fan of Liberty Fabric. When I went to school for textile design I wanted to make all my patterns look like Liberty’s classic Tana Lawn Prints. I been thinking about making a curtain for this small little room that I want to paint pink. (check out my paint inspiration here). I want something feminine with some reds and pinks. I pulled together some of my favorite Liberty prints to see if any would work. Now which one would I choose? Find tons more prints and colorways at shaukat.co.uk.

Comments

8 Responses to “Red and Pink Liberty Print Fabric”

1. Mademoiselle Bagatelle
    February 24th, 2009 @ 2:40 pm

Thanks for your nice comment! I eventually managed to post my article on paper cuts,,,
    I love Liberty prints too! Your selection is very cute, the last two are my favorites.
    Good luck with the room!
    xx

2. elisabeth
    February 24th, 2009 @ 4:02 pm

Oh KATY! I wish that wallpaper were intact. I love it.
    And I love the top two prints — more classic than the rest, methinks. I have a picture of another in my head but can't remember the name…
    And Shaukat is terrific — we made pocket squares for all the gents at my wedding and I bought the yardage from them.
    Oh and the bottom is really lovely but 1. quite bright and 2. the print is very small.

3. elisabeth
    February 24th, 2009 @ 4:07 pm

I found it! It's Thorpe:
    I love Thorpe.

4. Helen
    February 24th, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

Oh goodness, these are beautiful. I love the pink/red combo. My favorites are 2, 7, and 8 (love the darker outline of 7, very pen-and-ink-y) (love the roundness of the flowers in 8). Let us know what you pick, okay?

5. Chelsea
    February 24th, 2009 @ 5:06 pm

Yes..me too. Totally obsessed.

6. katy elliott
    February 24th, 2009 @ 6:03 pm

elisabeth, I love thorpe too! Seriously how can I choose? I think my favorites are 2, 3,5. The walls in the room right next to the study are going to be a green close the leaves in #2. So it might be a nice complement.

7. Lynne
    February 24th, 2009 @ 6:12 pm

I love Liberty – and what is even better is the Liberty store itself! Everytime I see their 'lawn' fabrics I think of Little House on the Prairie and wish I could sew something.

8. Sage Mommy
    February 24th, 2009 @ 10:39 pm

LOve the printsand really lovered & pink together. Your paint inspiration is great. Goodluck and posta pic ofthe room when it's pAinted please