Beadboard in Bathrooms

Posted on | February 5, 2009 | 7 Comments

Picture 26 748832 Beadboard in Bathrooms

I’ve been contemplating adding beadboard to one of my three bathrooms walls. At first, I was afraid the look was maybe a little too country for my taste. But when I started looking around at inspiration I found a number of different beadboard styles. I like the wider plank versions that feel like they belong inside a sailboat. Above and below I share with you all my inspiration shots I’ve gathered.

Need more bathroom inspiration? Find 30 of my favorite bathrooms to inspire your next renovation here.

bathroom2 716774 Beadboard in Bathrooms
A variation of thick and thin boards via nantucket beaboard.

bathroom6 772416 Beadboard in Bathrooms
Paired with a serious painting and green walls this bathroom feels very handsome via nantucket beadboard.

CT0310106a 1 y 723603 Beadboard in Bathrooms
Wider planks that cover the walls conjures a nautical feel.

gasl bbb07oct bath english 01 738841 Beadboard in Bathrooms
Beadboard paired with subway tiles is a no fail classic look via domino.

Picture 21 771803 Beadboard in Bathrooms
I love the wallpaper and ticking stripe shower curtain tucked inside the bath. The modeling in around the tub is quiet nice too.

whitebath 001 living etc 771633 Beadboard in Bathrooms
Slighter wider planks cover the walls floor to ceiling.

coyuchisink remodelista 712443 Beadboard in Bathrooms
An old built in mirror feels right at home in this country bathroom via remodelista.

26450447 712408 Beadboard in Bathrooms
I like the vanity is this shot. It gives the room some warmth against the white beadboard.

bathroom4 772444 Beadboard in Bathrooms
A wood framed mirror built into the beadboard paneling makes for a custom high end look via nantucket beadboard.

Claw Foot Tub with Shelves Around
English Bohemian Bathroom
Wallpaper in Bathrooms

pixel Beadboard in Bathrooms

Comments

7 Responses to “Beadboard in Bathrooms”

1. Melanie
    February 5th, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

We just added beadboard in our bathroom and love it! A word of warning though… real wood beadboard expands and contract with heat and moisture. We were worried about how the beadboard would settle so we went with the "plastic" version at Home Depot. It's paintable and really looks like real wood. It's been a dream. Everything else that is real wood in our place has settled and cracked in places. It's just how things go apparently. The beadboard, however, looks perfect. Also, it turned out to be MUCH cheaper than using tile :-)

2. thecreme
    February 5th, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

Aesthetically, I think it's a great plan – it allows you to use a good amount of crisp white while accenting the upper half of the wall with a more daring print or solid. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

3. lisa :: the red thread
    February 5th, 2009 @ 8:43 pm

This look can be really great – depends on what else you use in the room though. I love it painted white, which tends to eliminate the country look and feel.

4. Jill
    February 6th, 2009 @ 11:54 am

Nice post. I love beadboard! I have it in my bedroom, so I think that adding it to my bathroom would be overkill, but it's a great look in bathrooms. I agree with Lisa that how it comes off depends on what you pair with it. In my bedroom, it doesn't come off as country because I paired it with Lulu DK bed linens–it would be another story if I had a patchwork quilt on my bed, though.

5. Don
    February 6th, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

To Melanie's comment, yes wooden beadboard does contract and we are looking to refinish the walls in our bathroom to remedy the changes (6yrs off life so far, which ain't too bad).

Katy, again this is a great collection of pictures and gives us some ideas for the downstairs bathroom. If we buy the big house across the street, we'll need lots and lots and lots of help!

6. Brittany Noel
    February 7th, 2009 @ 11:31 am

This could look really great! Of course, if you did it, it would :)

7. carey
    December 21st, 2009 @ 12:00 am

any idea where to find that wide beadboard as shown above (horizontal/nautical)? ive been looking for it for a while without much luck.