House Renovation: Guest Room

Posted on | December 2, 2008 | 8 Comments

Guest Room: New Bed and Sheets

We have this odd little room we turned into a guest room for our holiday guests. The room is really small and fitting a bed into the space was a challenge. We had a double bed so we decided to just tuck into between the windows and wall. The bed covers the closet which is less then ideal but I don’t know another solution. We have tried every other postition and nothing works. I guess I need to accept that it’s an old house with odd spaces.

I purchased a Jenny Lind bed which I love and some new sheets from Toast. The room is coming together but it definitely needs a lot more love. I have to be patient and keep buying a little at a time. It sucks sometimes to not have an endless budget. Next on the list is some artwork, rug, table, and lighting. Eventually, I would love to add some wallpaper to the room.

Guest Room

IMG_3475

Guest Room Bed

Comments

8 Responses to “House Renovation: Guest Room”

1. citysage
    December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:12 pm

So so cute! I just love this sweet little alcove. The bedding and the Jenny Lind bed are simply perfect together.

I can just see tucking in for the night with a hot water bottle in a cozy knit cover!

2. elisabeth
    December 2nd, 2008 @ 8:51 pm

I think it's fabulous! I would love to be a guest in that little room. The bed looks so cozy and lumpy (in a good way!)

3. J
    December 3rd, 2008 @ 6:20 pm

What a pretty bed. I like the simplicity – without the wallpaper.

4. decor8
    January 5th, 2009 @ 2:28 pm

I love that bed, it's charming.

5. Vanya @ Endless Inspiration
    January 6th, 2009 @ 10:43 am

Good old Toast – I LOVE their stuff, didn't realise they were in the U.S too. Love the bed – great purchase.

6. Chelsea
    March 7th, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

Hi Katy,

Just looking through your archives. I love love love this room! Also the stripped wood in the den.

7. mise @ pretty far west
    June 30th, 2009 @ 9:50 am

Good choice of fabrics for a soft welcoming look, and I like bedrooms with an odd layout – a change from the uniform hotel look. This looks very French.

8. Gaboushka
    August 8th, 2009 @ 6:01 am

This made me jump – I have the same blossom bolster and ticking bedding from Toast on my bed…

This house looks amazing, what a project! I've just been sitting here wondering if I would ever have the energy… You're going to feel so proud when it's finished!