Bye Domino!

Posted on | August 27, 2008 | 9 Comments

Today is my last day at Domino. I am moving up to Marblehead permanently to work on the house. Leaving New York was stressful decision I went back and forth on for the past year. In the end the experience of renovating an old house and starting a store seem to match up more with my lifestyle. I will miss New York and all the great people I meet working at House & Garden and Domino. Starting after Labor Day I will be blogging full time about the house renovation and new products and finds. See you next week!

-katy

Comments

9 Responses to “Bye Domino!”

1. please sir
    August 27th, 2008 @ 1:45 pm

Wow – what a decision! You must tell me how it was to work at Dominio – did you love it? I'm thinking of making a career switch. Excited to see your new posts!

2. katek
    August 27th, 2008 @ 2:55 pm

Congrats and good luck. I left NYC magazines and moved to NH for a year, then moved to Cambridge, MA last year. It was less by choice than by family necessity, but if you ever want to compare notes, drop me a line!

3. Nikki
    August 27th, 2008 @ 10:08 pm

Congrats and welcome to New England! I am opening a home accessories store in Boston next month (I am an ex-New Yorker as well) and would be happy to chat with you about the process if you are ever looking to talk.

-Nikki
    nikki@acquireboutique.com

4. Design Scouting
    August 28th, 2008 @ 9:45 am

so exciting! I made a similar decision 6 months ago and while it was insanely stressful in the short term, it was totally worth it in the long term. can't wait to see the next stage!! xo abbey

5. Anonymous
    August 28th, 2008 @ 10:32 am

Katy-
    I am so excited to see what you are going to being tackling next. You have had the opportunity to learn from some of the industries best leaders and now it is time to put all that you have learned into practice.

I know that you will do well, with your drive and ambition and your great insight into styles and new ideas your new fenture is sure to be sucessful.

I look forward to following you on your next journey.

Mimi

6. heather
    August 28th, 2008 @ 12:59 pm

I recently found your blog and want to wish you good luck with your new endeavors! I'm currently renovating a house myself and can see why you'd want to invest more time in your project – it's hard enough to do without having to balance work. What kind of store will you be opening?

7. Liz Libré
    August 28th, 2008 @ 1:12 pm

AMAZING. I read your blog and am inspired to do the same. My husband and I dream of moving to Maine – where we went to school, met, married and love love love to visit. Good for you for jumping in & doing it. Best of luck. I look forward to reading more.

8. mary8280
    August 28th, 2008 @ 3:49 pm

Congrats on your decision Katy. I'm sure that your new fenture will be a success. You have such great style sense. You learned from some of the best and now its time to make it work for you. Can't wait to see whats in store!

9. katy elliott
    September 5th, 2008 @ 2:57 pm

Thanks everyone!

Believe me it was a stressful and scary decision. I know there will be days when I regret it all and then I will remember I made this decision to shape my future. I couldn't live in NY forever. So hopefully it will be scary for just a little bit!